Probiotic Lactobacillus plantarum HK L-137 postbiotic: benefits
Lactobacillus Plantarum PostBiotic is an innovative probiotic, considered the first immunobiotic in the world (1). It contains the patented ingredient Immuno-LP20™, which is based on unique new technology developed in Japan. Its central objective: to boost your immune system.
The supplement Lactobacillus Plantarum PostBiotic is part of our Immunity category.
Composition: what is Immuno-LP20 ™ composed of?
The patented ingredient Immuno-LP20™ is 20% composed of Lactobacillus plantarum HK L-137. This beneficial lactic bacteria, a typical probiotic, is normally found in fermented foods. The specific L-137 strain was first isolated from narezushi, an age-old type of sushi and ancestor of modern versions.
Another specific feature of Immuno-LP20™ is that it is heat-treated at a certain point in its growth phase to eliminate its inhibitors and improve its properties. Hence the initials ‘HK’ which stand for heat-killed. The deliberate inactivation of the lactobacillus to augment its effects is what makes it a postbiotic (2).
This strain of Lactobacillus is also stabilised by maltodextrin, a starch hydrolysate product, popular with sportspeople(3).
The benefits of Lactobacillus Plantarum PostBiotic
Lactobacillus Plantarum PostBiotic provides 20 billion CFU a day. It has been developed in such a way as to ensure the microorganisms reach the gut flora without being dissolved by gastric juices. The heat treatment that Lactobacillus plantarum HK L-137 undergoes actually makes it much less vulnerable during its passage through the stomach.
This heat treatment, which causes the cell membrane to decompose, results in an increase in the natural benefits of this‘friendly’ bacteria. Because of its effect on IL-12 cytokines in particular, it is regarded as the no.1 immunobiotic. Studies show that the compound Immuno-LP20™ has a powerfully stimulating effect on production of IL-12, an important factor in immune system function (4-7).
To sum up its key benefits, the immunostimulant probiotic Lactobacillus Plantarum PostBiotic helps to:
- optimise immunity ;
- ensure intestinal comfort ;
- support oral health ;
- reduce inflammation ;
- reduce fatigue (8-13).
What else can you do to boost your immune system and prevent intestinal discomfort?
As well as supplementing with Lactobacillus Plantarum PostBiotic (2 capsules a day), these simple tips will help to naturally support your immunity and digestive health:
- allow yourself time to relax, because stress impairs intestinal transit and immunity (14 ;
- take regular, moderate exercise in order to activate the digestive organs and facilitate the circulation of antibodies (15) ;
- eat a varied, balanced diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables, to prevent any kind of deficiency that might reduce your natural defences (16) ;
- get at least 7-8 hours’ sleep a night. People who get insufficient sleep are more vulnerable to respiratory problems and infections (17).
3 advantages of the immunobiotic supplement Lactobacillus Plantarum PostBiotic
- The heat treatment applied to Lactobacillus plantarum L-137 significantly increases its resistance: as well as being less vulnerable to gastric juices, it becomes more able to withstand external conditions, such as prolonged storage at room temperature or higher, for example ;
- The lactic bacteria Lactobacillus plantarum HK L-137 is also known to upregulate hyaluronic acid production, an extracellular matrix associated with retention of skin moisture. The supplement therefore also offers moisturising and anti-wrinkle effects (18) ;
- Lactobacillus Plantarum PostBiotic comes in the form of 100% vegetarian capsules, which contain the natural excipient acacia gum, an exudate of solidified sap.
Other supplements to take in conjunction with this immunobiotic
Alongside supplementing with Lactobacillus Plantarum PostBiotic, we’d also recommend the immunostimulant, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-parasite effects of artemisinin, the active ingredient of the aromatic plant Artemisia annua(19-20). In March 1972, the Chinese professor Tu Youyou succeeded in isolating this key substance from the plant, an achievement which earned him the Nobel prize for medicine in 2015. The supplement Artemisinin, standardised to 98% artemisinin extracted from the plant’s aerial parts, delivers 300mg of artemisinin per daily dose.
And at the same time, why not rediscover the fortifying properties of essential oils: the positive effects of oregano on gut health, the blood sugar-lowering properties of cinnamon, the soothing benefits of peppermint for the mouth and throat, and all the nutritional richness of lemon (21). You’ll find all 4 of these organic essential oils in a unique formulation suitable for oral use, Organic Defense Mix.