Chrysantellum Americanum Dietary Supplement, 90 Caps - Reviews, Dosage
Chrysantellum americanum is a dietary supplement containing Chrysantellum, a plant native to Peru, traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine. Recent research suggests that it helps to improve circulation and relieve associated problems, such as heavy legs or venous insufficiency.
What benefits are offered by the plant Chrysantellum americanum?
A number of studies show that extract of Chrysantellum helps to:
- increase capillary permeability (1);
- produce a mild hypotensive effect (2);
- positively affect the vascular wall, in the same way as vitamin P (3).
What are Chrysantellum americanum’s mechanisms of action?
It is the plant’s high flavonoid and saponoside content which is responsible for its beneficial effects on the circulatory system.
These are quite specific: maritimeins, mareins and the famous chrysantellin A and B(4). The latter are the most active and are mainly responsible for the effects on microcirculation, though it’s thought they all act simultaneously: while playing their specific role, the saponins (surfactant factors) make it easier for the flavonoids to cross the cell membrane.
Who is Chrysantellum americanum aimed at?
Chrysantellum americanum is for anyone who wants to improve their microcirculation, especially those affected by any of the following:
- Venous insufficiency. This is characterised by a malfunction in the nervous system, particularly the valves in leg veins which enable blood to flow back up to the heart. The consequent pooling of blood causes unpleasant symptoms such as pain and a feeling of heavy, swollen legs. It can subsequently lead to the formation of varicose veins and even ulcers and stasis dermatitis. A number of clinical trials have confirmed the efficacy of flavonoids in helping to both reduce the symptoms of venous insufficiency and improve circulation (5).
- Inflamed or painful haemorrhoids. Several clinical trials have also shown that Chrysantellum americanum can help relieve problems associated with haemorrhoids.
- ‘Economy class syndrome’. Travellers who have to sit in the same position for a long time often experience swelling in their legs and microangiopathy.
- Microcirculation disorders (obliterative arteritis, capillary fragility and permeability, defence of large blood vessels …).
5 good reasons for choosing the venotonic supplement Chrysantellum
- Due to its powerful choleretic (bile-increasing) action and unpleasant effects on digestion, Chrysantellum is not really suitable for consuming as a herbal tea. But these unwelcome effects are significantly reduced when it is taken as a dried extract in capsule form (6).
- It is standardised to 2% flavonoids and 0.5% chrysantellin A and B saponins, the plant’s most active substances.
- More than half of all women may be affected by heavy leg syndrome.
- It’s 100% natural, with no synthetic additives.
- It offers additional therapeutic benefits.
How to take Chrysantellum
For maximum effect, take three to four vegetarian capsules a day, either with, or after, a meal.
You can combine Chrysantellum with certain other supplements, namely:
- Hesperidin to relieve heavy leg syndrome, either during or after the menopause.
- Hemo Comfort, a comprehensive, natural solution containing horse chestnut.
- Arctic Plankton Oil, a nutritional gem that improves circulation and its metabolic parameters.
If you decide to take this supplement for its microcirculation benefits, we’d also recommend adopting the following measures at the same time:
- Increase your consumption of plant fibre (fruit and vegetables).
- Move back and forth on your tiptoes when in a standing position.
- Flex your feet regularly when seated for prolonged periods.
- Take a cool shower at the end of the day, if necessary (moving from your ankles up towards your thighs).
- Take some gentle daily exercise, such as walking, swimming or gymnastics.
- Wear compression socks or stockings to stimulate venous return and prevent pooling of blood.
|Daily dose: 3 capsules
Number of doses per pack: 30
|Amount per dose
|Extract (5:1) of Chrysantellum americanum providing at least 2% flavonoids and 0.5% chrysantellin A and B saponins 1
|Other ingredients: Acacia gum, rice bran.
Each vegetarian capsule contains 400mg of extract (5:1) of Chrysantellum americanum.
Directions for use
Take three to four vegetarian capsules a day at mealtimes.
Caution: do not exceed the recommended daily dose. This product is a nutritional supplement and should not be used to replace a varied, balanced diet or healthy lifestyle. Keep out of young children’s reach. Store away from light, heat and humidity. As with all nutritional supplements, consult a health professional before taking if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from a health problem.
Value for money
tout au long de l'année: un must
conforme à mes attentes
Moins produit préféré.
Bon détoxifiant hépatique
Efficace comme décrit sur le site
Je n'ai pas assez de recul pour juger de l'effet du produit, je continuerai la cure pour voir
- Amos S, Binda L, Adamu M, et al (2003) Effect of the aqueous extract of Chrysanthellum indicum on calcium mobilization and activation of rat portal vein. J Ethnopharmacol 88:57–62
- Lievre H, Guillot B (1983) Le Chrysanthellum americanum. Rev Jeune Med 6:61–70
- Guillot B (1983) A new conquest of phytotherapy: Chrysanthellum americanum. Plant Med 5
- LIEVRE H., GUILLOT B. Chrysanthellum americanum : une plante tropicale au service des vaisseaux, du foie et de l'orthodoxie des métabolismes lipo-protéiques Extrait de la Revue du Jeune Médecin, 1984
- Gohel MS, Davies AH. Pharmacological treatment in patients with C4, C5 and C6 venous disease. Phlebology. 2010 Oct;25 Suppl 1:35-41.
- Ghédira, K., & Goetz, P. (2017). Chrysanthellum : Chrysanthellum americanum (L.) Vatke (Asteraceae). Phytothérapie, 15(5), 304–307. doi:10.1007/s10298-017-1169-1