Alpha Lipoic Acid, Antioxidant Dietary Supplement - Reviews, Dosage
Alpha lipoic acid is unique in neutralising around six types of particularly damaging free radicals, now available to buy at Supersmart. It's also a chelator of several toxic metals. It's used preventatively and therapeutically in a number of diseases, in particular, the complications of diabetes.
What are the benefits associated with Alpha Lipoic Acid capsules?
Alpha Lipoic Acid is called the universal antioxidant because:
It's active in aqueous and lipid regions (it's both water-soluble and fat-soluble).
It recycles vitamin C, vitamin E, Coenzyme Q10 and Glutathione after their use by the body and therefore significantly increases their effectiveness.
It is rapidly converted to its metabolite dihydrolipoic acid in most tissues and in this form, protects against free radicals.
Buy Alpha Lipoic Acid capsules for antioxidant benefits.
Other supplements of interest from Supersmart
As well as supplementing with Alpha Lipoic Acid, you may find these other nutritional supplements of interest too.
Discover the properties of Daily Booster, a synergistic anti-ageing formulation with powerful antioxidants to neutralise free radicals.
See also Ester C™, an exclusive form that provides four times more vitamin C, essential for good health.
|Daily serving: 2 tablets
Number of servings per bottle: 30
|Alpha lipoic acid
|Other ingredients: Acacia gum, rice bran.
Each vegetarian capsule contains 250 mg of alpha-lipoic acid.
Directions for use
Take one or two capsules a day. Therapists often recommend 3-6 capsules a day.
Value for money
la détox du cerveau
Parfait en combination avec le CBD pour gérer la polyneuropathie 👍👍👍
Permet avec le CBD une gestion efficace de ma polyneuropathie!
- Carreau JP. Biosynthesis of lipoic acid via unsaturated fatty acids. Methods Enzymol. 1979;62:152-8.
- Packer L, Witt H, Trischler HJ. Alpha-Lipoic acid as a biological antioxidant. Freed Radic. Biol. Med., 1995, 19, 227-250.
- Reed, LJ. A trail of research from lipoic acid to alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase complexes. J Biol. Chem., 2001, 276, 38329-38336
- Singh and Jialal, Alpha-lipoic acid supplementation and diabetes. Nutr Rev. 2008 Nov;66(11):646-57. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-4887.2008.00118.x.
- Chng HT, New LS, Neo AH, Goh CW, Browne ER, Chan EC. Distribution study of orally administered lipoic acid in rat brain tissues. Brain Res. 2009 Jan 28;1251:80-6. doi: 10.1016/j.brainres.2008.11.025. Epub 2008 Nov 19.
- Breithaupt-Grogler, Dose-proportionality of oral thioctic acid--coincidence of assessments via pooled plasma and individual data. Eur J Pharm Sci. 1999 Apr;8(1):57-65.
- Goraca, Huk-Kolega et al. Lipoic acid - biological activity and therapeutic potential. Pharmacol Rep. 2011;63(4):849-58.